White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday @ Philadelphia
* These teams split a pair of games in Chicago when they squared off in August. The Phillies lead the all-time series, 8-6, including a 6-3 mark at Philadelphia, where these team last met in 2013.
* The White Sox have dropped three in a row to fall to 72-78 in 2016. The Sox have been limited to three runs or fewer in five of their past six games. Chicago is 10.0 games out a wild-card playoff spot with just 12 games remaining on the schedule.
* With a record of 9-9 against the American League this season, the Phillies are seeking to post their first winning mark in interleague play since going 9-6 in 2011. Between 2012 and 2015, the Phillies were a meager 27-48 (.360) versus the AL.
* Jose Abreu went 2-for-4 with a home run on Wednesday, raising his batting average to .379 with a .690 slugging percentage since August 20. Over that same span, Abreu has clubbed 11 home runs and driven in 31 runs, matching Kendrys Morales for the most RBI in the majors.
* James Shields’ record remains 5-17 as he’s coming off a pair of no-decisions. He’s searching for his first victory since July 26, a drought of nine starts. But in six career outings versus the Phillies, Shields is 3-1 with a gaudy strikeout-to-walk ratio of 43-to-4.
* Jake Thompson has permitted no more than two runs in each of his last four starts, fashioning a 2.49 ERA in the process. That compares favorably to the 9.78 ERA he had compiled through his first four career starts.