GURNEE, Ill. -- If the Demon roller coaster was not scary enough, Six Flags has upped the thrill.
The Gurnee theme park has added a virtual reality element to the famous coaster to create "Rage of the Gargoyles" - which debuts to the public August 13.
Riders are given Samsung Gear Virtual Reality headsets as they ride the coaster.
Six Flags describes this new addition as "a chilling, futuristic battle between good and evil featuring the first-ever interactive roller coaster gaming experience."
"Rage of the Gargoyles" is coming to eight parks this fall and at each park the V.R. experience will be available on different roller coaster
The new virtual experience will debut on the following eight roller coasters:
- Demon at Six Flags Great America near Chicago
- Skull Mountain at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey
- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington
- Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom near San Francisco
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia outside of Atlanta
- Goliath at La Ronde in Montreal
- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka
- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape in Lake George, New York