Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. LA Angels
* The Angels lost, 3-1, in Seattle on Sunday, capping a three-game sweep by the Mariners. The Angels continue on a nine-game road trip, and they are just 23-33 away from home this season.
* The Cubs beat the A’s, 3-1, on Sunday to extend their winning streak to seven games. The Cubs now return home to Wrigley Field where they are 37-17 on the year, the best home record in the National League.
* The Cubs and Angels are meeting for the first time since April, when the Cubs swept a two-game series. The Cubs hold a 7-5 advantage all-time over the Angels.
* Jered Weaver allowed four runs (three earned) over 6.0 innings against Oakland last Wednesday, not receiving a decision. In two career starts against the Cubs, Weaver is 1-0 with a 0.69 ERA, his lowest against any team in his career.
* John Lackey did not receive a decision last Wednesday, giving up three runs and striking out eight Marlins over 7.0 innings. The former Angel is 1-4 with a 5.44 ERA over his past eight starts.
* By going 2-for-4 in Oakland on Sunday, Matt Szczur extended his hitting streak to five games. Over the streak, Szczur is batting .545, second-best in MLB since July 29 (minimum 10 AB).