CHICAGO – Next time the heat has you down, just think: You may get a free couch out of it.
Art Van Furniture says if temperatures at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport reach 100 degrees on any weekend through Labor Day, Sept. 5, the company will provide full refunds for customers who bought furniture at their stores between Friday, July 19 and Sunday, July 31.
Refunds will include sales tax and delivery fees. No minimum purchase is required.
“We are excited to turn up the heat with this unique summer promotion for Chicagoland residents,” Art Van Furniture CEO Kim Yost said in a statement. “We hope to reward our guests with free furniture and mattresses as a bonus for bearing the record-setting heat this summer.”
The promotion will be held at the following Art Van Furniture stores:
- Algonquin: 1500 South Randall Road, Algonquin, IL
- Batavia: 165 North Randall Road, Batavia, IL
- Bedford Park: 7200 South Cicero Avenue, Bedford Park, IL
- Chicago: 2606 North Elston Avenue, Chicago, IL
- Downers Grove: 102 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL
- Glendale Heights: 125 Army Trail Road, Glendale Heights, IL
- Merrillville: 1600 E. 80th Avenue, Merrillville, IN
- Naperville: 404 South Route 59, Naperville, IL
- Orland Park: 15080 South LaGrange Road, Orland Park, IL
- Portage: 6245 US Hwy. 6, Portage, IN
- Rockford: 7047 Newburg Road, Rockford, IL
- Woodridge: 900 East Boughton Road, Woodridge (Bolingbrook), IL
In 2015, as part of its “Let It Snow” promotion, the furniture store says it refunded roughly $2.5 million to Chicago shoppers when it snowed more than three inches during Super Bowl XLIX.