White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Chicago
* The Cubs and White Sox are meeting for the first time this season, after they split six games in 2015. The White Sox hold a 55-49 edge in the all-time series.
* The Cubs are 6-3 since the All-Star break, winning two of three games in all three series played – including this past weekend in Milwaukee. Chicago’s 20-11-1 series record this season is the best among National League teams.
* The White Sox picked up back-to-back walkoff wins over Detroit on Saturday (4-3) and Sunday (5-4). It was their first time winning consecutive games in walkoff fashion since April 13 and 15 of 2014.
* Melky Cabrera – who had the walkoff hit (single) in Sunday’s win – has hit safely in nine straight games, going 14-for-38 (.368) with a home run and three RBI over that span. He’s batting .378 (14/37) in nine interleague games this year.
* With three RBI in yesterday’s win over the Brewers, Anthony Rizzo has 75 for the season – one shy of Nolan Arenado’s National League lead (76). The last Cub to lead the NL in RBI in a season was Sammy Sosa in 2001 (160).
* The Cubs are 3-6 in Jake Arrieta’s last nine starts, after they had won the previous 23 regular season games that he had started. He went 2-0 with a 1.72 ERA in a pair of starts versus the White Sox last year (3 ER in 15.2 IP).