Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Milwaukee
* The Cubs beat the Mets, 6-2, at Wrigley Field on Wednesday, giving them a 2-1 series win. After limping into the All-Star break, the Cubs have won four of six since the break, outscoring their opponents 22-10 in those games.
* The Brewers lost to the Pirates, 5-3, in the rubber match at PNC Park on Thursday. It was their 13th loss in their last 19 games, and dropped them 16.5 games behind the division-leading Cubs.
* The Cubs have won 3 out of 5 games between the teams this season, but both losses came at Miller Park. Dating back to last season, the Cubs are 9-4 in Milwaukee, including winning their final seven games there last year.
* Jason Hammel had a great game against the Rangers last Saturday at Wrigley, picking up the win after allowing just one run on three hits in 6.0 innings. Hammel took a loss earlier in the year in Milwaukee, allowing four runs (all earned) in 6.0 innings on May 19, but he has a career 2.18 ERA in seven starts at Miller Park.
* Jimmy Nelson got his sixth win of the season, but first since May, last Saturday in Cincinnati, allowing no runs in 7.0 innings. He also threw a gem against the Cubs earlier this year, shutting them out for 7.1 innings but getting a no-decision on May 18. Despite a 2.83 career ERA against them in seven starts, Nelson has never beaten the Cubs.
* In the series against the Mets, Anthony Rizzo had two games with 3 RBI. He has nine games with 3+ RBI, trailing only Daniel Murphy for the most such games in the NL (10).