White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ LA Angels
* The White Sox are 5-3 over their past eight games, but were shut out, 2-0, by the Braves on Sunday. They are embarking on a six-game road trip where they are an even 21-21 on the year.
* Los Angeles fell, 4-2, in Baltimore on Sunday for their 14th loss since June 20, second-most in the American League during this time (Tampa Bay – 18). The Angels rank third-to-last in MLB in home wins this season with just 16 (Arizona – 15; Atlanta – 13).
* The White Sox and Angels split a series earlier this season in April, each winning two games. Chicago is 12-8 against the AL West this season while Los Angeles is 10-9 versus the AL Central.
* Miguel Gonzalez received just his second win of the season last Wednesday when he threw seven scoreless innings against the Yankees. It was the first time he gave up no runs as a starter since June 9, 2015. Gonzalez’s debut as a starter on July 6, 2012 was against the Angels (7.0 IP, 1 ER).
* Hector Santiago did not allow a run over seven innings in Tampa Bay last Thursday, striking out nine Rays in the process. Santiago has not allowed a run in the month of July (13.0 IP) and has allowed no earned runs in consecutive starts for the first time in his career.
* Andrelton Simmons hit a single against the Orioles on Sunday, extending his hitting streak to 12 games which is the second longest active streak in MLB (Kyle Seager – 13). The streak is tied for the longest of his career (April 7-19, 2016) and is tied for the second longest for the Angels this season (Yunel Escobar – 13 from June 18-July 8).