White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Washington
* The Nationals have won four straight games against the White Sox, tied for their third-longest win streak against any team in interleague play. Washington won 11 straight against Seattle from June 10, 2005 to August 30, 2014 and is currently on a five-game win streak against Minnesota.
* The White Sox are 13-12 at home this season, posting a 3.22 ERA in those contests. That is Chicago’s lowest earned run average through the first 25 home games of a season in 20 years (2.95 in 1996).
* Jimmy Rollins has 245 career hits against the Nationals/Expos franchise, the fourth most by any player all-time, trailing only Chipper Jones (281), Pete Rose (255) and Barry Bonds (252).
* Bryce Harper last hit a home run on the road on May 4 at Kansas City off of Dillon Gee. Since then, he has 0 HR and just 2 RBI over his last 14 games away from home. Harper hit 7 HR and drove in 16 runs in his first 15 road games this season.
* At 23 years, 17 days old, Joe Ross is the second-youngest pitcher currently leading his club in earned run average (2.37 ERA; minimum 1 IP per team game), trailing only Aaron Nola of the Phillies (23 years, 3 days; 2.65 ERA).
* Mat Latos won his first four starts of the 2016 season, posting a 0.74 ERA and .151 average allowed in those outings. Since then, Latos is 2-1 with a 6.54 ERA in six starts, with opposing batters hitting .344 in those contests.