PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A man who was attacked by a swarm of bees may have been saved by his pacemaker.
Albert Katanov was checking out a house for sale last week in Phoenix.
He was not aware there bee hives in the tree outside and under the eaves of the house.
He was stung more than 1,000 times, suffered an allergic reaction and lost consciousness.
Katanov says doctors checked the pacemaker in the hospital and discovered it fired not once or twice but seven times.
He says the bites are very itchy but he's glad to be alive.