Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Philadelphia
* The Cubs outscored the Phillies, 17-5, while sweeping three games at the end of May. The Cubs went 8-for-24 (.333) with runners in scoring position, while Philadelphia went 2-for-15 (.133). Chicago has not won four in a row in the series since 2000.
* Although Sunday’s 3-2 loss to the Diamondbacks prevented Chicago’s seventh sweep of 2016, the Cubs still took two of three games from Arizona to improve their series record to 13-4-1, matching Texas for the highest percentage (.750) in the majors. And Chicago still leads MLB with six sweeps in 2016.
* The Phillies’ 8-1 rout of Milwaukee Sunday represented their largest margin of victory this season. Although the Phillies managed a 2-2 split in the series, it was just their second win over their last 10 games. Philadelphia hasn’t won two in a row since May 17-18.
* When working on exactly four days of rest, as he’ll be doing on Monday, Jon Lester is 3-1 with a 0.95 ERA. That ERA is the lowest in the majors among pitchers who’ve made at least four starts in such situations.
* Adam Morgan has lost each of his last four starts while compiling a 9.61 ERA. Although he’s been supported by one lone run over those four starts combined, Morgan also has allowed at least six earned runs in three of them.
* Odubel Herrera matched a career high with four hits Sunday, snapping out of a 3-for-23 (.130) stretch over his previous seven games. Herrera has reached base (via a hit, walk or HBP) 103 times in 2016, second most among National Leaguers (Paul Goldschmidt 109).