White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Detroit
* This will be the first meeting of 2016 between the White Sox and Tigers; Detroit won the season series last year, 10-9.
* Wednesday’s 13-inning win over the Mets was Chicago’s fourth extra-inning game of the season (3-1); the three extra-inning wins are tied for third most in the AL.
* The Tigers are a MLB-worst 3-8 (.273) versus left-handed starters so far this season. They are hitting just .209 as a team in these contests.
* This is the second time this season that Todd Frazier has hit home runs in back-to-back games (also May 22-23). His 17 total homers in 2016 are the most by any White Sox player through the team’s first 54 games since Adam Dunn (17) in 2012.
* Carlos Rodon has thrown 100+ pitches in each of his last six starts despite going no deeper than 7.0 innings in any of these contests. The last White Sox pitcher with a longer such streak was Hector Santiago, who did this in nine straight starts, July 23-September 7, 2013 (streak excludes any relief app).
* Jordan Zimmermann is undefeated (7-0) in nine career starts against AL Central opponents. The last pitcher to be undefeated in his first 10+ career starts against the AL Central was Hisashi Iwakuma, who was undefeated in his first 12 starts, August 17, 2012-May 8, 2014 (streak excludes any relief app).