Mayborn USA, manufacturer of “Tommee Tippee Sippee Cups," said nearly 70 children have gotten sick after drinking from moldy valves.
The company has received more than 3,000 reports of mold in the removable, one-piece opaque valves on the product. The reports said children experienced diarrhea, vomiting and other symptoms after drinking from the cups after the valve developed mold. Pictures of moldy cups went viral earlier this year.
Customers should stop using the cups immediately and contact Mayborn for a free replacement cup by visiting this website or by calling toll-free at 877-248-6922 anytime during the week and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday.
The manufacturer said the removable, one-piece white valve inside the cups can develop mold if improperly or infrequently cleaned. Ingesting mold can lead to gastrointestinal discomfort or infections for those who have compromised immune systems.
The recall involves several types of cups: First Sips Transition cup, Trainer Sippee cup, Sippee cup (including Cute Quips), Sportee bottle and Insulated Swiggle/Sippee tumblers. You can find out if you have one of the recalled cups here.
The cups, which cost between $4 and $7, were sold nationwide from December 2014 and May 2016 at several retailers, including Target, Walgreens and Walmart. They were also available through online retailers including Amazon.
Tommee Tippee cups with a different valve are not affected by the problem, the company said.