Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Philadelphia
* The Phillies went 3-0 on the road against the Cubs in 2015, outscoring them 21-8. It was one of two road series that Philadelphia swept last season (3-0 at SD).
* With its 9-8 win over St. Louis on Wednesday, Chicago moved to 6-6 (.500) in one-run games this season. Philadelphia, meanwhile, is a league-best 14-4 (.778) in games decided by a single run.
* Odubel Herrera has all four of the Phillies’ home runs by players hitting first in the lineup this season. Philadelphia got just three homers from players hitting in the No. 1 slot in 2015 (one each by Herrera, Chase Utley & Darnell Sweeney).
* Ben Zobrist has had a big month of May, batting .422 with five home runs and 21 RBI. He is batting .435 (20/46) during his current 12-game hitting streak, which is the longest active one in the NL.
* Adam Morgan has had little trouble in the first three innings of his starts so far in 2016 (1.20 (2/15.0) ERA, 0 HR, 2 BB, 11K), but the fourth and fifth innings have been major trouble for him (16.43 (14/7.2) ERA, 2 HR, 6 BB, 3 K).
* Jon Lester is undefeated in his six career starts against the Phillies, going 4-0 with a 1.76 (8/41.0) ERA and .205 (30/146) opponent average in these appearances. Lester has made 6+ career starts versus 18 MLB teams; of those 18 clubs, the Phillies and Reds (2-0) are the only ones yet to defeat Lester.