Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. St. Louis
* The Cubs were blanked, 1-0, in San Francisco on Sunday, losing two of three over the weekend to the Giants, and dropping their second straight series for the first time of the season. Chicago has scored three or fewer runs in six of its last seven games (just seven times in first 35 games of 2016).
* St. Louis was shellacked, 7-2, at home by the D-backs yesterday, dropping two of three over the weekend, and falling to 12-13 at Busch Stadium in 2016. The Cardinals have allowed seven or more runs six times in their last 13 games – most of any MLB team since May 8.
* The Cubs took two of three from the Cards in these clubs’ first series of the season, April 18-20 (in St. Louis). Dating to last September 7, Chicago has won each of the last three series vs. St. Louis, outscoring the Cardinals by a combined 46-26 in those nine games.
* John Lackey allowed just one run in 6.0 IP last Wednesday in Milwaukee, but was saddled with his second no-decision of the season for his efforts. Lackey is 1-1 with a 1.86 ERA in four starts this month.
* Adam Wainwright had his best outing of the season last Wednesday against Colorado (6.2 IP, 0 ER), earning the win, and improving to 4-0 in his last five starts (0-3 in first four starts of the season). Wainwright is 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA (20.0 IP) in his last three outings vs. the Cubs.
* Dexter Fowler went 0-for-4 yesterday, snapping his four-game hitting streak in the process. Fowler is batting .400 (8-for-20) with two homers and five RBI in his last six games vs. the Cardinals at Busch Stadium.