Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday @ Milwaukee
* The Cubs have won 14 of their last 15 games against the Brewers, including seven straight in Milwaukee. Chicago’s seven-game winning streak in Milwaukee is its second longest all-time (longest: eight games between 2002 and 2003).
* Chicago could not complete the sweep against Pittsburgh, losing, 2-1, at home Sunday. Four of the Cubs’ nine losses this season have come by one run and seven have come by three or fewer.
* Kyle Hendricks’ 1.49 career ERA against the Brewers is the second-lowest mark all-time by a pitcher with at least five career starts against Milwaukee behind Steve Kline, who had a 1.29 ERA against the Brewers from 1971 to 1973.
* Milwaukee split a four-game weekend series at home against the Padres, including a 3-2 win Sunday. The Brewers are now 7-4 (.636) in one-run games this season, which is second in the NL behind Philadelphia (14-3, .824).
* The Brewers started the season hitting .239 and averaging 3.8 runs per game in their first nine home games, but they have hit .289 with 5.3 runs per game in their last 12 home games.
* Chase Anderson has received the loss in each of his last five starts, which is tied for the second-longest active streak in MLB behind John Danks (seven; minimum one start in 2016).