White Sox Game Notes For Friday vs. Cleveland
* The Indians recorded at least six runs and 12 hits in three of their final four contests against the White Sox last season. In their first 15 games against Chicago last season, Cleveland did not pick up 12 hits on any occasion.
* The Indians scored four runs in their 7-6 win against Boston on home runs. Last season, the Indians were the only American League team that did not have a single player with at least 20 home runs.
* The White Sox, who have already received three quality starts this season, have made an American League-high 101 quality starts since the beginning of last season.
* Adam Eaton, who has started the season 9-for-16 at the plate, has gotten on base more than any other leadoff hitter since the beginning of last season (256 times).
* Danny Salazar began last season by striking out 78 batters over his first nine starts against the AL Central in just 57.0 innings pitched (12.32 strikeouts per nine IP over stretch).
* Since the 2011 season, Jason Kipnis (53 home runs and 100 steals) and Jimmy Rollins (76 home runs and 122 steals) are two of just three middle infielders (also Ian Desmond) with at least 50 home runs and 100 stolen bases.