Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Dallas
* The Stars blanked the Islanders, 3-0, at home on Saturday night, winning their second straight tilt, and recording at least one point in seven of their last eight games overall (5-1-2 record). The shutout was the Stars’ first in their last 35 contests (since December 29).
* Chicago dropped a 3-2 shootout decision to Minnesota at United Center on Sunday night, and has now lost five of its last six contests (1-3-2 record). The Blackhawks have participated in just three shootouts this season (1-2 record) – second fewest in hockey (Coyotes – 2).
* Dallas has taken three of four matches with Chicago in 2015-16, scoring four or more goals in each of the victories. Dating to January 18, 2015, the Stars are 5-1-0 vs. the Blackhawks overall.
* Cody Eakin lit the lamp Saturday night, giving him three goals and three helpers during his current career-high tying four-game point streak. Eakin has gone without a point in five straight skates vs. the Blackhawks.
* Andrew Shaw potted his 12th goal of the season Sunday night, ending his personal pointless streak at 11 games. Dating to the beginning of 2014-15, Shaw has just one assist (zero goals) in his last nine skates vs. the Stars.
* Dallas is 14-4-2 (.750) when getting two or more days off between games this season – second best in the NHL. Chicago is 14-8-3 when taking on teams that have had 2+ days off between tilts in 2015-16.