Blackhawks Game Notes For Sunday vs. Detroit
* Detroit was pummeled, 5-2, by the Blackhawks on Wednesday night at Joe Louis Arena, ending its point streak at five games (3-0-2 during streak). The Wings have allowed five or more goals four times in their last 15 games (just twice in first 49 games of the season).
* The Blackhawks dropped a 4-2 decision in Boston on Thursday night, losing for the third time in their last five games overall. Chicago is 11-5-0 (.688) in its last 16 road tilts – fourth best in hockey since Christmas.
* Chicago is 10-1-4 in its last 15 tilts vs. Detroit, dating to the beginning of 2011-12 when these clubs were still divisional foes. The Blackhawks have earned at least one point in each of their last seven home tilts vs. the Wings (5-0-2 record).
* Brad Richards potted one of the two Red Wing goals Wednesday night, giving him three markers in his last six skates (five goals in first 44 games of 2015-16). Richards has 28 points (5g, 23a) in his last 20 games vs. Chicago.
* Jonathan Toews lit the lamp Thursday night, giving him 23 goals and 23 assists on the season, and three points (2g, 1a) during his current three-game scoring streak. Toews has eight points (3g, 5a) in his last seven skates vs. the Wings.
* Chicago is 23-8-2 (.727) at United Center this season – the best home mark in the Western Conference. Detroit is 16-10-5 (.597) on the road in 2015-16 (third best in the East entering play this weekend).