Family of 6 found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A family of six was found dead inside a home in Fenton Township on Sunday, Feb. 21.

Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said they suspect carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family consisted of two parents and four children. The children, 3 boys and one girl, were aged 2, 7,9 and 11, Pickell said.

He said the home, on Stony Brook Pass, lost power at around 9:30 p.m. Friday night. The last time anyone heard from the family was around 6 p.m. Friday.

TV5 is told a family member gained entry to the house through the back door and discovered the bodies in different rooms throughout the house. A generator was found running inside the house in the lower level family room.

Neighbors say the family was well-known, and well respected in the community.

Crews from Consumers Energy were called to the home to clear it of toxic fumes.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.