Dog killed by electrocution from construction site

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO – Ladanian, or LT for short, was out for a walk with his owner Brian Malone yesterday as they were passing a building at 1450 north Sedgwick, part of which is under construction with cones marking the spot where it happened.

A metal pipe attached to the iron rod fence was damp at the time.

LT made contact with it, was shocked and within a short time LT the six-year-old mixed breed would be dead.

The metal pipe is gone but cones remain and police tape too.

The city's building apartment among others is investigating this incident and WGN reached out to owner of the Marshall Field Garden Apartments for comment, but they have yet to respond.

LT’s owner was being treated at Northwestern Hospital.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.