Bulls Game Notes For Thursday @ LA Lakers
* It has been nearly a full year (January 29, 2015) since these teams hooked up in a two-overtime thriller which the Lakers ultimately captured, 123-118. But Chicago has won six of eight meetings since December 2010.
* Although they’ve only managed to split their last two games, the Bulls have limited their opponents to fewer than 90 points in each. It’s the first time Chicago has turned that trick in back-to-back games this season.
* The Lakers have lost seven games in a row for the second time this season. Another defeat on Thursday would match the Lakers’ third-longest skid in franchise history.
* Former Laker Pau Gasol combined at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in both games against his former team last season. In fact, Gasol has recorded double-doubles in each of 13 games versus the Lakers since December 2004.
* Derrick Rose played just 13 minutes on Monday before leaving with hamstring and back issues. His status for Thursday’s game is uncertain. Rose has scored at least 20 points in eight of nine previous games versus the Lakers.
* In addition to leading the Lakers with 18 points on Tuesday, Jordan Clarkson matched a season high with seven assists. Clarkson has scored at least 10 points in each of his last 15 games, the longest such streak of his career.