Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday @ Florida
* The Blackhawks lost, 2-1, to the Lightning at Amalie Arena last night, snapping their franchise-record 12-game winning streak in the process. Chicago has allowed two or fewer goals in six straight contests – its longest such streak this season.
* Florida dropped a 4-2 decision to Edmonton at BB&T Center on Monday night, losing for the fourth straight time since its own 12-game winning streak. The Panthers haven’t scored a power-play goal in eight straight contests – the longest active streak in the NHL.
* Chicago won the first meeting of the season between these clubs, 3-2, at United Center on October 22. The Blackhawks have defeated the Panthers eight consecutive times overall, allowing two or fewer markers in each of those triumphs.
* Artem Anisimov scored Chicago’s lone goal last night, lighting the lamp for the second straight game, and tallying a point in his third consecutive tilt overall. Anisimov has three points (2g, 1a) in his last four skates vs. the Panthers.
* Reilly Smith lit the lamp Monday night, giving him 13 goals in 2015-16 – the same total he had in 81 games with the Bruins last season. Smith has three points (2g, 1a) in his last three skates vs. the Blackhawks.
* Chicago is 6-3-1 (.650) in the second of back-to-back games this year (seventh best in the league). Florida is 8-3-2 (.692) when getting two or more days off in 2015-16 (fourth best in the NHL).