Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ Tampa Bay
* Chicago defeated Nashville, 4-1, at Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday night, and has now won a franchise-record 12 straight games overall. The Blackhawks have allowed one goal or fewer 11 times in their last 23 games – most of any team in the league since December 6.
* Tampa Bay beat Edmonton, 6-4, on Tuesday night, stretching its win streak to a season-high six straight games – tied for the second-longest in franchise history (had eight-game win streak, February 23-March 6, 2004). The Bolts have netted 5+ goals seven times in 2015-16 (tied for second most in the Eastern Conference).
* The Blackhawks won the first meeting of the season between these clubs, 1-0, in overtime at United Center on October 24. Tampa Bay is 6-0-2 in its last eight regular-season tilts vs. Chicago – the longest active point streak vs. the Blackhawks of any NHL team.
* Patrick Kane lit the lamp Tuesday night in Nashville, giving him five markers in his last three games, and 30 goals in 2015-16 overall – tied for his single-season career best (also 2009-10). Kane has 10 points (3g, 7a) in four career regular-season skates vs. the Lightning at Amalie Arena.
* Nikita Kucherov had a goal and a helper Tuesday night, and enters this contest with nine points (5g, 4a) during his current six-game scoring streak. Kucherov has 26 points (13g, 13a) in his last 20 skates overall – tied with Anze Kopitar for second most of any NHL player since December 5 (Patrick Kane – 30).
* Chicago has led entering the second period in a league-high 21 games this season (18-1-2 record). The Lightning have led after one stanza just eight times (6-2-0 record) in 2015-16 – second fewest in the NHL.