Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday vs. Buffalo
* The Sabres were blown out, 5-1, at home by the Panthers on Tuesday night, dropping their fifth straight game by a combined score of 18-7. Four of Buffalo’s five goals in its last three games have been scored on the power play (4-for-14 during that span).
* Chicago beat Pittsburgh for the second straight night Wednesday (3-1), and has now put together a season-high five-game winning streak. The Blackhawks have netted at least three goals on 25 occasions (21-2-2 record) this year – tied for second most in the NHL.
* The Blackhawks defeated the Sabres, 3-2, in a shootout at First Niagara Center in these clubs’ first meeting of the season on December 19. Dating to the beginning of 2010-11, Chicago has won eight straight games vs. Buffalo overall.
* Ryan O’Reilly potted the Sabres’ lone goal Tuesday night, giving him five markers in his last seven games overall. O’Reilly has five goals and four helpers in his last nine skates vs. Chicago (dating to January 14, 2014).
* Artemi Panarin lit the lamp twice Wednesday night, garnering first-star accolades, and giving him four markers in his last two games. Panarin leads all NHL rookies with 15 goals in 2015-16.
* Buffalo’s leading scorer, Ryan O’Reilly, will be the team’s lone representative at the 2016 All-Star Game. Not surprisingly, Chicago’s Patrick Kane (captain for the Central Division) and Jonathan Toews will head to Nashville for the festivities.