Blackhawks Game Notes For Thursday @ Colorado
* Chicago beat Arizona, 7-5, at Gila River Arena on Tuesday night, snapping its two-game losing streak in the process. The seven goals put on the board by the Blackhawks were a season high, and the most by the team since beating Edmonton, 7-1, on November 22, 2014.
* Colorado defeated San Jose, 6-3, at SAP Center on Monday night, snapping its two-game skid, and improving to 9-3-1 (.731) this month – tied with the Kings for second best in the Western Conference. The Avs have lit the lamp at least six times on four occasions this season (tied for most in the NHL).
* The Avalanche beat the Blackhawks, 3-0, in these clubs’ first meeting of the season 16 days ago at United Center. Including two shutouts, Colorado has won four straight games vs. Chicago overall by a combined score of 12-3.
* Andrew Desjardins lit the lamp twice in Tuesday night’s win – this, after lighting the lamp just one time in his first 32 skates of the 2015-16 campaign. Desjardins has two points (1g, 1a) in 13 career games vs. the Avs.
* Nathan MacKinnon scored three times on Monday night, recording the second hat trick of his NHL career, and giving him seven points (3g, 4a) in his last six skates overall. MacKinnon has two markers and three assists in his last four games vs. Chicago.
* The Blackhawks have clicked on 27.5 percent of their power-play opportunities on the road this season – best of any NHL club. Colorado has converted 26.8 percent of its chances with the man-advantage at home in 2015-16 (third best in the league).