CHICAGO -- A chlorine tank leak at a Four Seasons Hotel in the Gold Coast neighborhood triggered a Level II HazMat response early this morning.
The incident happened when employees of the hotel were mixing a new batch of chlorine for the pool.
Fire crews responded to the Four Seasons, 120 E Delaware Pl, around 3 a.m.
Officials said a chlorine tank had leaked and there was a small explosion on the hotel's 7th floor.
The leak was contained to one room inside the hotel.
As of about 5:40 a.m., fire department officials said no one was evacuated from the building and no one was taken to area hospitals as a result of the incident.
-The Chicago Tribune contributed to this report