Blackhawks Game Notes For Saturday @ Buffalo
* The Blackhawks have won seven consecutive games against the Sabres – two shy of the longest active win streak against Buffalo (Avalanche nine).
* The Blackhawks have now skated in four consecutive shutouts (three wins, one loss), and have not allowed one power-play goal in nine of their last 11 games.
* The Sabres have skated in back-to-back shutouts (2-0 loss vs. Devils on Monday, 3-0 win vs. Ducks on Wednesday), and have not allowed a power-play goal in five consecutive games.
* While the Sabres have had 22 more power-play opportunities than their opponents this season (third most in NHL), the Blackhawks have had 14 more power-play opportunities than their opponents (fourth most in NHL).
* After recording at least one point in 17 games all last season, defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen has recorded at least one point in 16 games already this season.
* Jonathan Toews and Teuvo Teravainen each recorded three points in Chicago’s 4-0 win against Edmonton Thursday night. While Toews has recorded at least three points on 33 occasions in his NHL career, it was the first three-point game of Teravainen’s career.