Bulls Game Notes For Wednesday vs. Denver
* Dating back to 1999-00, the Nuggets are 21-10 (.677) against the Bulls, their best record versus any opponent since that season. The only teams with better records against the Bulls since then are Dallas, Portland, and San Antonio.
* The Bulls are just 2-2 in the last four games, scoring under 95 points in each. The last time Chicago failed to score 95 points in four straight games was March 21-28, 2014 (four games).
* Kenneth Faried went for 18 points and 19 rebounds when these two teams last met on New Year’s Day. The only other Nuggets player to put up those totals in a game against Chicago was Dikembe Mutombo on January 30, 1993 (29 points, 22 rebounds).
* Pau Gasol had 18 points and 13 rebounds in Chicago’s win over San Antonio on Monday. It was Gasol’s 61st game with at least 10 points and 10 rebounds since the start of last season, good for second in the NBA behind Detroit’s Andre Drummond (64).
* Will Barton ranks fourth in the NBA with 12.9 points per game off the bench (minimum 0.6 G/Team G). His 14 double-figure scoring games off the bench lead the league this season.
* Jimmy Butler had point totals of 32 and 26, or an average of 29.0 points per game against the Nuggets last season. The last Bulls player with a higher scoring average versus Denver was Ben Gordon in 2008-09 (32.5) (minimum two games).