CHICAGO — In addition to announcing the firing of Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, Mayor Emanuel also revealed the members of a new task force for police accountability Tuesday.
The task force will review the Chicago Police Department’s current systems for accountability, oversight and training.
Former Massachusetts Governor and Chicago native Deval Patrick will serve as senior advisor to the task force. He also served as U.S. Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division under President Bill Clinton.
The other task force co-chairs are:
- Sergio Acosta – Partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson and a former federal prosecutor
- Joseph M. Ferguson – Inspector General of the City of CHicago and former federal prosecutor
- Hiram Grau – Former director of the Illinois State Police and former Deputy Superintendent of the Chicago Police Department
- Lori Lightfoot – President of the Chicago Police Board, a partner at Mayer Brown and former federal prosecutor
- Randolph N. Stone – University of Chicago Law School professor, director of the Criminal and Juvenile Justice Project Clinic and former Cook County Public Defender