Fire in John Hancock building caused by candle

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO -- Saturday's fire in the John Hancock Center was an accident caused by a candle.

A resident on the 50th floor told fire officials the fire started in his bedroom.

Five people, including a Chicago police officer, suffered minor injuries.

Because of smoke and water damage, several people who live on the 50th floor will not be allowed to move back into their condos until repairs are made.