Bulls Game Notes For Friday @ Detroit
* The Bulls and Pistons split their four meetings in 2014-15, with the home team winning all four games.
* Chicago has won its first two games under new head coach Fred Hoiberg. The last person to win his first three games as the Bulls’ head coach was Doug Collins in 1986-87 (team started 3-0).
* The Pistons are 2-0 for the first time since 2008-09, which is also the last time they won their first three games of a season (started 4-0 that year). Detroit has outrebounded its first two opponents of 2015-16 by an average of 12.0 rebounds per game (51.0-39.0) after having a +0.8 RPG margin last season.
* Jimmy Butler averaged 20.0 points per game last season after putting up 13.1 ppg in 2013-14. That +6.9 ppg improvement was the best in the NBA (minimum played in 75% of team’s games in both seasons). Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had the second-best improvement, going from 5.9 ppg in 2013-14 to 12.7 ppg last year (+6.8).
* Nikola Mirotic has gotten off to a fast start to the 2015-16 season, putting up 18.5 points and 9.0 rebounds per game as Chicago’s starting PF while shooting 58.3 (7/12) from three-point range. Mirotic started just three regular-season contests as a rookie last season (8.7/6.7/25.0 3P%).
* Andre Drummond has three career 20+ rebound performances against the Bulls, two of which came last season; this is tied for his most career 20+ rebound games versus any opponent (Boston, 3).