Bulls Game Notes For Wednesday @ Brooklyn
* The Nets earned a playoff berth with 38 wins in 2014-15, their lowest win total to earn a postseason spot since winning 37 games in 1978-79 – the franchise’s first postseason appearance.
* Brooklyn ended the 2014-15 season winning 13 of its last 16 games, including 8 of 11 at home. Prior to that stretch, the Nets were 25-38 (.397) – 22nd in the NBA – and 11-19 (.367) at home – 24th in the NBA.
* The Bulls beat the Cavaliers at home last night, 97-95, in the season opener. Since the beginning of last season, the Bulls are now 6-1 (.857) in games decided by two or fewer points. The only team with a better record in that span is the Nets (8-1, .889).
* Chicago has held Brooklyn under 100 points in 18 straight games dating back to the beginning of the 2010-11 season. It is the second-longest such active streak against a single opponent in the NBA (Memphis, 19 straight vs. Utah).
* At age 33, Joe Johnson started 80 games for the Nets in 2014-15 and scored 1154 points. The only player in franchise history to score more points in a single season age 33 or older was Reggie Theus with 1510 points in 1990-91 (based on age at end of season).
* Since the beginning of 2007-08, Pau Gasol has played 17 games against the Nets with a team record of 15-2 (.900). The only player whose team has a better record against the Nets in that span is Dwight Howard (18-2, .900; minimum 15 games).