Bulls Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Cleveland
* The Cavaliers advanced to the NBA Finals for the second time in team history. They were the first team to sweep two playoff series since the 2012-13 Spurs.
* The Bulls won 50 games for the first time since 2011-12. They improved their scoring average by 7.1 points per game, the largest improvement in the NBA.
* LeBron James has averaged at least 25.0 points per game in 11 consecutive seasons, tying the NBA record. The three other players with 25+ ppg in 11 straight seasons are Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, and Jerry West.
* Pau Gasol led the NBA last season with 54 double-doubles, six more than second-place finisher Andre Drummond. Gasol was one of two players to average 18+ points and 11+ rebounds in 2014-15, along with DeMarcus Cousins.
* Kevin Love had 21 games a season ago with at least 10 rebounds and two three-pointers made. That total was more than the next two closest finishers combined (Draymond Green, 11; Nikola Mirotic, seven).
* Jimmy Butler averaged a career-high 20.0 points per game. He had the largest improvement in scoring average in the NBA (+6.9 ppg) (minimum 75 percent team games played each season).