CHICAGO -- Police issue a warning on Chicago's Near West Side after a woman was brutally beaten and sexually assaulted near the United Center. Now, police are hunting for the attacker.
The victim was waiting for the bus early Thursday morning when she was attacked.
A witness who did not want to speak on camera told WGN she heard the screams at 5 a.m. and saw the man running. His t-shirt was pulled over his head and he was holding his pants to keep them from falling down.
Then, the witness saw the victim -- a 23-year-old woman. Her face and hands were bloody.
She had an early class at Kendall College and was waiting to catch a CTA bus right in front of the library branch at Madison and Hoyne.
Police say the man dragged her to this secluded area outside the library and sexually assaulted her. She fought him and he ran off.
The woman was treated at Rush Medical Center.
If you have any information, contact police
- Male black
- 20-27 years of age
- 5'08" to 5'10" tall, 165 to 200 lbs.
- Brown eyes
- Light complexion
- Short hair style
- Light or Tan colored sweater/shirt, Gray loose pants or sweat pants
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Report suspicious activity immediately
- Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc...)
- Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible