White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Kansas City
* The Royals have won 19 of their last 25 road games against the White Sox, while allowing fewer than two runs in 10 of the 19 victories.
* The Royals, who had a 6.5-game lead for the best record in the American League on September 1, have gone just 8-15 over their last 23 games, and now find themselves one game behind Toronto for the best record in the American League with six games to go.
* The White Sox, who have scored exactly one run in back-to-back games, have punched out double-digit hits just once over their last 13 games. The White Sox have also assured themselves of their third consecutive losing season for the first time since 1997-99.
* Adam Eaton has reached base successfully (via hit, walk or HBP) in each of his last 17 games – the fourth-longest active streak in the American League, and tied for the third-longest streak of Eaton’s career.
* Lorenzo Cain has hit .386 (17/44) over his last 11 road games against the White Sox, and has hit a home run in back-to-back games at U.S. Cellular Field.
* Jeff Samardzija, who started the season with just one loss (4-1) over his first eight home starts, has earned the loss in each of his last seven home starts. Samardzija has also earned the loss in each of his five career starts against the Royals.