White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Cleveland
* The White Sox lost the finale of their three-game series with the A’s on Thursday, 4-2, after Billy Butler hit a go-ahead three-run home run in the top of the 9th off David Robertson. Robertson has now blown seven saves this season – tied for the most blown saves this season (Jim Johnson, Fernando Rodney, Junichi Tazawa).
* The Indians lost the final game of a four-game series with the Royals yesterday, 8-4. Cleveland is now 10 games under .500 against the AL Central this season (26-36) and has a 4.51 ERA and a .261 opposing batting average against their divisional rivals.
* The White Sox have had the slight advantage against the Indians in 2015, winning nine of the 16 games played between the two teams. Cleveland is batting just .219 (115/525) with 132 strikeouts (8.3 SO/9) against the White Sox this season.
* Chris Sale received the loss last Sunday against the Twins, giving up six runs and nine hits while striking out three batters in just 3.0 innings. Sale is 1-1 with a 2.45 ERA (6/22.0) and 22 strikeouts in three starts against the Indians this season.
* Last Sunday against the Tigers, Cody Anderson earned the win, surrendering two earned runs and seven hits while striking out three batters over 5.2 innings. This is Anderson’s first career start against the White Sox.
* Jose Abreu was 7-for-12 (.583) with two home runs, three runs scored, three walks and seven RBI across the White Sox’s recent three-game series with the A’s. His 1.771 OPS is his highest in a three-game this season. Abreu has a hit in 110 games this season – the most games with a hit by any player in 2015.