Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ St. Louis
* The Cardinals notched their MLB-high 94th quality start on Sunday night. It is their most since 2012, when they finished tied for second overall with 99 quality starts.
* The Cubs have recorded at least one extra-base hit in 39 consecutive games, tied for the fifth-longest active streak in the majors. It also matches their longest such streak since another string of 39 games from June 4 – July 20, 2012.
* Matt Carpenter has struck out in a career-high 16 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the National League. The last Cardinals non-pitcher to strike out in at least 16 games in a row was Ray Lankford in 1999-2000.
* Dexter Fowler leads the National League with 199 times on base batting first. The last Cubs player to reach base more times out of the one hole was Juan Pierre in 2006 (242).
* Lance Lynn has allowed just 13 hits to the first spot in the batting order. Only Taijuan Walker (10) and Jake Arrieta (12) have given up fewer this season (minimum 25 GS).
* Dan Haren has allowed nine home runs through his first six starts with the Cubs. The only other player to surrender as many home runs through six starts as a Cub was Fred Norman, who gave up nine in only five starts in 1964.