Don't let the remaining weeks of summer slip away from you. Here's a list of Chicago festivals you can still hit this August to take advantage of the best summer city in the world.
- Festa Italiana (August 13-16 on Taylor between Ashland & Racine) - In the heart of Little Italy, enjoy the most authentic Italian food in Chicago, as well as art, music, dance and contests. There will also be trolley tours of Little Italy.
- Edison Park Fest (August 14-16 in Monument Park) - Head to this northwest side neighborhood for food & drink, retail vendors and family-friendly games and entertainment.
- Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest (August 14-16 at Glenwood & Morse) - The cobblestone streets of Rogers Park's Glenwood Avenue Arts District will be bursting with art of all forms.
- Chicago Air & Water Show (August 15-16 along Lake Michigan) - A Chicago summer staple, the Air & Water Show can be viewed along the lakefront from Fullerton to Oak Street. There's free admission at North Avenue Beach both days. This year's headliners include the U.S. Navy Blue Angels and the Breitling Jet Team.
- Great American Lobster Fest (August 15-16 at Navy Pier) - The Midwest's largest seafood festival features lots of live lobster, live music (including The Original Wailers), shopping and other activities for families. You can even catch a glimpse of the Air & Water Show as jets fly overhead. The $39 ticket includes a lobster meal and admission to live music shows.
- Clark After Dark (August 20 at Clark & Hubbard) - This patriotic festival supports Illinois troops and their families. Sport your red, white & blue while enjoying some live music and drinks in River North. There will also be a live auction and a raffle.
- Albany Park World Fest (August 22-23 at Lawrence & Kimball) - Albany Park celebrates its ethnic diversity with a festival featuring music, cuisine and art from various cultures.
- Taste of Greektown (August 22-23 at Halsted & Van Buren) - Enjoy the best Greek food Chicago has to offer, as well as entertainment and activities for families.
- West Loop Art Fest (August 22-23 on Washington between Halsted & Aberdeen) - This festival features paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and sculptures by artists from across the country. Also try food from neighborhood restaurants and stick around for live performances.
- South Shore Summer Festival (August 23 at South Shore Cultural Center) - This lakefront event features local food and merchants, along with activities for kids and a diverse entertainment lineup.
- Chicago Dancing Festival (August 25-29 at various locations) - Dance companies from around the world come to Chicago for this annual festival. Check out the free finale event, Dancing Under the Stars at Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park.
- Chicago Food + Wine Festival (August 28-30 in Lincoln Park) - Celebrity chefs, top-notch cuisine and fine wine are the foundation of this event designed for foodies. Single-day passes are $175 (full weekend passes also available).
- Bucktown Arts Festival (August 29-30 at Oakley & Lyndale) - This 30th annual event will showcase the work of nearly 200 artists. There will also be live performances, along with food trucks, craft beer and sangria.
- Chicago Fashion Fest (August 29-30 at Division & Damen) - This fashion and music fest offers some great shopping and also features a runway competition. Entry fee is $5.
- Randolph Street Market Festival (August 29-30 at 1340 W. Washington) - Shop around this festival for antiques and vintage clothing, jewelry and furniture. Admission costs $8 online (or $10 at the gate).
Follow @UrbanAgendaWGN on Twitter for more fun stuff going on around the city. Send us your ideas and photos – they might be featured in a future post or TV segment. Now get out and experience Chicago!