White Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Kansas City
* The Royals’ 2.16 ERA against the White Sox is the lowest by an American League team against an opponent (minimum nine games) this season.
* The Royals have won 11 of their last 14 home games, while allowing exactly one run in each of their last four home wins.
* The White Sox are averaging 0.72 more runs per game on the road (4.09) than at home (3.37) this season – the highest road/home scoring differential in the American League.
* The White Sox, who have allowed at least 11 runs in three of their last six games, have allowed double-digit runs on 12 occasions this season – tied with Boston for the most in the majors.
* Kendrys Morales and Lorenzo Cain are both working on active 10-game hit streaks against the White Sox. During their respective streaks, Morales is hitting just .268 (11/41) and Cain is hitting .400 (16/40) against Chicago.
* John Danks has gone 9-1 with a 2.60 ERA over his 19 career starts against the Royals. His 19 starts are the second most of any active pitcher against one opponent while losing fewer than twice against them (Anibal Sanchez, 9-1 in 21 career starts against Nationals).