White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Tampa Bay
* Tampa Bay beat Boston, 4-3, at Fenway Park on Sunday, snapping its three-game losing streak in the process. The Rays are 46-12 when allowing three or fewer runs this season (6-42 in all other games).
* The White Sox were pummeled, 12-3, by the Yankees at home yesterday, and have now dropped three of their last four contests since a season-long seven-game win streak from July 23-29. Chicago is 18-11 since games of June 30 – second best in the AL (Yankees – 18-9).
* The Rays swept three from the White Sox in these clubs’ first meeting of 2015 at Tropicana Field, evening up the series at five games apiece since the beginning of last season. Chicago has won five of eight meetings with Tampa Bay at U.S. Cellular Field since 2013.
* Nathan Karns allowed one run in 6.0 innings last Monday vs. the Tigers, and has recorded back-to-back wins for the second time in his MLB career (also May 8-13, 2015). Karns is 0-1 with a 5.73 ERA in two career starts vs. the White Sox.
* Jose Quintana went 6.1 innings and allowed two runs (both earned) last Wednesday in Boston, beating the Red Sox, and winning his second straight start for the first time in 2015. Quintana is looking to win three consecutive outings for the first time in his MLB career tonight.
* Asdrubal Cabrera went 2-for-4 yesterday, and is now batting .450 (9-for-20) with five doubles and one homer during his current six-game hitting streak. Cabrera has 11 career home runs vs. the White Sox – his most against any opponent.