Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Pittsburgh
* The Cubs have won six of their 10 matchups with the Pirates so far this season after winning just five of their 19 matchups with them in 2014. Pittsburgh has won each of its last two home games against the Cubs.
* The Pirates have just two losses in their last 13 games at PNC Park and own a 26-8 record there since May 22 – the best home record in the majors in that span.
* The Cubs have won each of their last five road contests and will be looking to win six in a row away from home for the first time since an eight game run back in September of 2010.
* Jon Lester is 2-0 with a 1.61 ERA in his last three starts after going 0-6 with a 3.50 ERA in his previous 10 outings. Lester, who has thrown at least seven innings in each of his last six starts overall, is 1-1 with a 2.08 ERA in two career starts against Pittsburgh.
* Pittsburgh has won each of Francisco Liriano’s last six starts. Lirano has allowed eight home runs in 11 home starts this season compared to just two homers in nine road outings.
* Anthony Rizzo is hitting .405 (15-for-37) against the Pirates this season – his second highest batting average against any opponent (minimum 5 games; .423 vs. Washington). Rizzo has 39 RBI in his career against Pittsburgh – the most RBI in his career versus any foe.