White Sox Game Notes For Thursday @ Cleveland
* Since the beginning of 2013, the Indians have gone 16-4 at home against the White Sox – their second-best home record (9-2 vs. Astros) against an American League opponent over that span.
* The White Sox bullpen surprisingly gave up three eighth-inning runs last night that led to their 3-2 loss to the Cardinals. Since June 30, the White Sox’ bullpen ERA of 1.82 is the lowest in the American League.
* The Indians began the season just 3-4 in games in which they scored at least five runs. Since April 29, however, the Indians are an MLB-best 27-2 when scoring at least five runs.
* While the White Sox have won 23 games (fewest in American League) this season in which they hit at least one home run, they have won 19 games (most in American League) in games in which they did not hit a home run.
* Jason Kipnis has reached base an MLB-high 155 times this season in the #1 spot of the lineup. Last season, Michael Bourn led the Indians with 151 times on base out of the leadoff spot.
* If Jose Abreu fails to score a run tonight, it will match the longest streak of his career without scoring (10 games, August 30 – September 11, 2014).