Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Cincinnati
* Cincinnati fell at home to Cleveland, 5-3, yesterday. Since pulling within three games of .500 with a win June 25, the Reds are 6-12 (.333) in their last 18 games – only Tampa Bay (6-14, .300) and Philadelphia (6-14, .300) have a lower winning percentage in that span.
* The Cubs won two of three games in Atlanta over the weekend, including a 4-1 victory Sunday. Chicago won recording just nine hits, and their 30 wins in 2015 when tallying single-digit hits are most in the NL.
* Eugenio Suarez homered and doubled yesterday to raise his slugging percentage to .500 in 29 games with the Reds this season. The last player to have a .500 or better slugging percentage in his first 30 career games with the Reds was Shin-soo Choo in 2013 (.558).
* Jorge Soler hit his fifth home run of 2015 Sunday to straight-away center field. He owns a 33.1 line-drive percentage in 2015 – the fourth highest in MLB (minimum 200 plate appearances).
* Michael Lorenzen has already pitched 71.1 innings during his rookie season, and the Reds have gotten 251.0 total innings from their rookie pitchers in 2015 – most in the NL and second in MLB to Tampa Bay (308.2).
* Clayton Richard is making his second start of the season after winning his season debut July 4 at home against the Marlins. It was his first win since June 16, 2013 when he was with the Padres.