Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Minnesota
* The last series between these teams (three games in June 2012 in Minnesota) featured a total of 39 runs scored.
* The Twins are coming off of some history-making with their 2-1 win on Thursday. It marked only the fifth time in MLB history a team hit a game-tying homer in the eighth inning and a walkoff homer in the ninth in a 2-1 victory.
* The Twins (24) and Cubs (28) have walked batters leading off the inning fewer than any other team in the majors.
* The Chicago Cubs’ pitching staff has struck out at least six batters in 34 straight games, tied for the second-longest streak by any team in the last 100 years. The Phillies struck out at least six batters in 41 straight games spanning the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
* Since RBI became an official statistic in 1920, Kyle Schwarber is only the fourth player to notch at least six hits and four RBI in his first two career starts.
* Brian Dozier has successfully reached base (via hit, walk or HBP) in each of his last 25 games – the second-longest active streak in the majors (Joey Votto 26).