Cubs Game Notes For Wednesday @ Cleveland
* The Indians shut out the Cubs, 6-0, yesterday in Chicago. Cleveland has now won 17 of its last 18 games when scoring five or more runs and each of its last seven. The team started the year 3-4 when scoring five or more runs.
* The Cubs were shut out for the fifth time in 2015 and tallied just four hits. Four of the Cubs’ five shutouts have come at home, where they average over a run less per game than their road games (3.35 at home, 4.71 on the road).
* Carlos Santana drove in a season-high four runs Tuesday, including a three-run home run in the third inning. He also doubled for his first multi extra-base hit game of 2015 and walked twice to pad his AL lead in walks (48 total).
* Kris Bryant owns a 12-game hitting streak, the longest active streak in MLB – just ahead of Jason Kipnis (11). Bryant is the first Cub to have multiple 12-game hitting streaks during his rookie season since Freddie Maguire in 1928.
* Shaun Marcum earned a win in his last start with 7.0 shutout innings at home against the Mariners. It was his first start without allowing a run since June 26, 2013 at Chicago – AL and 10th career start throwing at least seven innings with no runs surrendered.
* Tsuyoshi Wada has pitched a combined 6.2 innings over his last two starts, surrendering eight runs. He owns an active streak of 10 starts without a win dating back to last season after starting his career with just one loss in his first eight starts.