White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Pittsburgh
* The White Sox and Pirates will be meeting for the first time since the 2010 campaign. The White Sox hold an 8-1 record against the Bucs from 2008-10, with a run differential of +35 (64-29).
* Despite scoring only nine runs in the six contests, the Pirates have posted a 4-2 record on their current home stand. The starting pitching has kept them afloat with quality starts in all six of those games, while also posting a 1.04 ERA and a .190 opponent batting average.
* The Pirates recorded a 1-0 victory in 11 innings over the Phillies on Sunday despite Pittsburgh hitters striking out 17 times. Since 1914, it was just the third game lasting 11 innings or fewer in Pittsburgh that the Pirates won when they struck out at least 17 times.
* Chris Sale took the loss against the Rays on Sunday – striking out 12 Tampa Bay hitters. It was his fourth consecutive start with at least 12 strikeouts, becoming the first MLB pitcher to accomplish that feat since Pedro Martinez posted four in a row while with the Red Sox back in 2001.
* After giving up a season-high seven runs against the Twins on May 19, Monday’s Pittsburgh starter Francisco Liriano has gone 2-1 with a 1.67 ERA and 35 strikeouts in his last four starts since.
* Adam LaRoche is a career .344 hitter with nine homers and 31 RBI in 41 games against his former team the Pirates, including a .349 batting average in 22 career games as a road player at PNC Park.