CHICAGO -- The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a flash flood warning for the following counties:
- Central DeKalb County in north central Illinois
- Central Cook County in northeastern Illinois
- Southern Ogle County in north central Illinois
- Kane County in northeastern Illinois
- Lee County in north central Illinois
- DuPage County in northeastern Illinois
Until 1030 p.m. Monday.
Thunderstorms are expected to continue developing across much of northern Illinois this evening.
The strongest storms have developed over the far west and northwest suburbs, and appear to be aligning along a zone from Rochelle-to De Kalb-to just west of Elgin. These storms will produce torrential downpours as they move east across the north and northwest suburbs.
Farther west, strong thunderstorms over extreme eastern Iowa have organized into a line from northwest of Clinton, to near Ottumwa. These storms may persist well into this evening as they move across northern Illinois.
For all the latest weather updates, go to ChicagoWeatherCenter.com.