Man severely burned after protein shake container explodes

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENT, U.K. — A student in England was burned severely after his protein shake container exploded in his face.

19-year-old Dion Chilton tells The Daily Mail he poured boiling water into the plastic container to sterilize it. He placed the lid on it but the high heat and pressure caused it to explode.

“I poured water from the kettle in a small flask, put the lid on and where the water was boiling and there was too much steam it just exploded in my face,” he said.   “All my skin started peeling off my face. … I could only see black and I was panicking that I had lost my eyesight.”

He was taken to the hospital. Doctors say he suffered third degree burns but will not suffer any permanent damage or scarring. Chilton is also expected to regain his eyesight fully.

Leave a Reply to gregory Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.