Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Miami
* Chicago has won three of its last five road contests after winning just twice in its previous eight away from home. The Cubs have victories in 10 of their last 15 matchups with the Marlins, including five wins of their last seven trips to Miami.
* The Marlins have won each of their last two home games after losing each of their previous nine at Marlins Park. Dating back to last season, Miami has lost five consecutive games against NL Central foes.
* Chicago has lost two straight and three of Jason Hammel’s last four road starts. Hammel is 1-3 with a 4.89 ERA in six career starts versus the Marlins, with his only win against them coming back in April of 2011.
* Jose Urena, who will be making the second start of his ML career, allowed five runs and 10 hits in 4.2 innings of a loss to Pittsburgh last Tuesday in his first career start in the majors.
* Dee Gordon is hitting .471 (8-for-17) over his last four contests and will be looking to extend his current hitting streak to 10 games. Gordon has multiple hits in three of his last four meetings with the Cubs.
* Justin Bour has homered in each of his last three games, one shy of tying the Marlins’ rookie record held by Kurt Abbott who did so in four consecutive games back in June of 1994.