Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Washington
* After starting the season 2-8 away from home, the Nationals are 10-3 (.769) in road games since April 28, which is tied with the Rangers for the best record in the majors since that date. The Nationals have won five of their last seven games at Wrigley Field.
* Although they lost on Sunday, the Cubs (24-19) still have their best record through 43 games since the 2008 season (26-17); that was also the last season that Chicago made the postseason. The Cubs were 16-27 through 43 games last season.
* Tsuyoshi Wada is undefeated in three career starts in day games, going 1-0 with a 2.87 (5/15.2) ERA and .143 (8/56) opponent average in these appearances.
* After losing each of his first four career starts against NL Central opponents, Tanner Roark has now won his last three, posting a 2.29 (5/19.2) ERA and .194 (14/72) opponent average during this streak.
* The Nationals are 18-0 this season when Yunel Escobar scores at least one run in a game. Escobar scored once in Washington’s win over Philadelphia on Sunday.
* Kris Bryant saw his 12-game hitting streak snapped when he went 0-for-4 in Sunday’s loss to the Diamondbacks. That 12-game streak was tied for the longest by any Cub this season (also Addison Russell, April 26-May 9).